Making my own bread was something I was quite afraid of. This bread is super healthy, super simple AND super delicious!
There is something really special and soothing about baking your own bread. The smell, the ingredients, the atmosphere it creates, all of it together just calms me down after a hectic and busy day. It is like a therapy after a stressful day.
I can’t believe I have been buying bread and robbing myself from this experience all this time! Well not anymore, baking my own bread after the very first time became a new hobby of mine.
I made it on Friday and took it to my parents and believe me it didn’t last that long ;). We were even having it as a dessert with some butter and strawberry jam after lunch.
Another incredible fact: there is actually NO flour in this bread!
- 250g (1 cup) sunflower seed
- 125g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 30g (2 Tbsp.) chia seeds
- 125g (1/2 cup) flax seeds
- 350g (1 1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 125g (1/2 cup) almonds or other nuts
- 60g (4 Tbsp.) psyllium husk powder
- 4g (1 tsp.) salt
- 15g (1 Tbsp.) date syrup (coconut / maple syrup)
- 45g (3 Tbsp.) coconut oil
- 350ml (1 ½ cup) of water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Combine the seeds, nuts, psyllium powder and salt together in a large bowl
- In separate bowl combine the date syrup, melted coconut oil and water
- Pour the liquid mixture over the seeds and stir it up well
- Push the mixture into a classic bread mold and flatten the top surface - that is the side the bread is going to sit on
- Let the bread chill for at least few hours but I recommend to leave it over night
- Put the bread into the oven for 25 minutes than take it out of the form, turn it around and bake for another 35 minutes until golden
- Dont cut into the bread right away. Wait until the loaf cools down before slicing it.