This Creamy Pumpkin Risotto with Rosemary should definitely be on your must cook list. I love to make these fancy, yet simple recipes. It is just as delicious as it looks, rich in flovour and it just scream happy fall.
I love the Red Kuri Squash/ Hokkaido for the amazing flavor to the risotto but also for the fact that you don’t need to peal it! If you ever tried to peal a pumpkin you know what a pain it is.
The rosemary in this recipe is definitely a game changer. The risotto is great without it but the rosemary really brings it to the next level.
If you like your risotto even creamier add extra Tbsp. or two of butter at the end. I myself like to drizzle it with some extra virgin olive oil.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsps.) of olive oil
- 4 shallots (diced)
- 250 g (1 cup) of Arborio rice
- 200 ml (1 cup) of dry white wine
- 750 ml (3 cups) of vegetable broth
- 1/2 of Red kuri squash cut into bite size pieces
- 4 Tbsps. (60 g) of vegan butter
- spring of rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil sand 1 Tbsp. of butter in a large pan over medium heat
- Sauté the diced shallots and add the Arborio rice (don’t rinse).
- After the rice starts to turn gold add the wine.
- Stir until all of the wine is absorbed.
- Add 250 ml (1 cup) of the vegetable broth and the cut squash.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed
- Stir and add another cup (250 ml) of vegetable broth, cover with lid and let it simmer again until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat the previous step.
- Add the remaining butter, rosemary, salt and pepper 5 minutes before finishing the last step