This is a very easy way to prepare the coconut mango sticky rice.
The amount of sugar in this recipe depends on the kind of fruit a serve with it. Mango is very sweet on its own, therefore I use very little sugar. If using figs I would add little more sugar to the rice.
- 100 g Arborio rice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Mango
- 1 fig
- Black/white sesame seeds for decoration
- Place the rice and the milk into a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil
- Lower the heat and let simmer under a lid for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes the rice should be soft and sticky and all of the milk absorbed into the rice
- Stir in the salt, sugar and vanilla extract
- Serve with sliced mango or figs and sprinkle with black/white sesame seeds