This amazing vegan chocolate mousse cake is the cake you were looking for. Trust me, you will not want to share your piece this time! I am not a huge fan of chocolate desserts but I will make an exception for this cake any day!
For all you chocolate lovers, this is a good day for you! You have just found your dream cake. This cake has such a rich chocolate taste yet it is so creamy no one believes there is NO cream in it. It is perfect to balance out the chocolate by some fresh fruits. Figs or raspberries are the way to go 🙂
What I love most about this recipe is how simple it is. There are only few ingredients need for the magic and it works every time!
I have made this cake few time already. I used smaller cake form and created higher cake. It was so cute! I decorated it with shredded coconut and raspberries and it was fabulous!
Tip: If you use lower % of the chocolate you can enhance the chocolate flavor by adding some cocoa powder 🙂
For the crust
- 180q chocolate biscuits – around 16 pcs of Oreos
- 2 tbsp. (30g) coconut oil
- vanilla extract
For the mousse
- 250g (1 cup) of dark chocolate at least 70%
- 2 ripe avocados
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp. (30g) of date or agave syrup
For the deco
- cocoa powder with blueberries or blue flowers
- shredded coconut with raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Crush the biscuits and mix it with the coconut oil
- Pack the biscuit mixture at the bottom of a cake form.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes and set aside
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler. Make sure the water doesn’t start to boil.
- In a mixer combine the melted chocolate, avocados, “milk”, date syrup and vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture onto the crust in the pan and let it chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- Cut a slice and enjoy it like there is no tomorrow! I would be happy to know yours turned out! Send me a pic or message me how you liked it 🙂